Bandung, Yum!

I went to Bandung around three weeks ago (almost one month yeah) -,- and it was so fun! My dad and his business partner did some meetings and with my mom we went to a restaurant called Indische (the word for Indonesian in Dutch). The atmosphere of the restaurant reminds me about the old days of Indonesia even I was born in 1993 far from the true era of Indische Partij and stuff. :D I love history, well that's the thing! And I love culinary, thats why the title of this post is 'Bandung, Yum!'


Restaurant: Indische
Address: Jl. Sumatra No. 9, Bandung
Menu: Various kind of cookies, breads, Dutch menus, Indonesian menus


So the restaurant is not that big, but spacious enough tho. It used to be an old house from the Dutch era I think and they have many antique stuff inside. They're so cool! And when I went to the restroom only to check it out, I was impressed with the design of the restroom. They even make the restroom in an artistic way also with the uniform of the waitress. Niceeee ;p Love it very very very very very much! And they do have various kind of menu. From the traditional one until the Dutch one. And all in the original names like in the past :) They also have a small bakery in front of the restaurant, in the lobby of the restaurant. And the music also help us to feel the vibe of the old days, it's the old almost-forgotten Keroncong! Hm like a mix between European music and Javanese ethnical music, nice. I went there when they just opened the restaurant so it was a little bit quiet but that helps a lot. Coz there is nothin to see beside a few people with old costumes and the old interior design. Eventho later on some people joined the vibe hehe. I ordered the old Bistikj (steak in a traditional way), klappertaj, Dutch cheese sticks and strawberry smoothie. Hemmmmm deliciuoso! I shared with my mom so my tummy wont be so big after I enjoy the meal haha.


Sorry I didnt take the pics of the foods :( Well I'm too hungry! Sorryyyy but there are some pics from Indische and I hope you guys are interested to go there if you go to Bandung:









Comments

Popular Posts