Britt Life

Leeds, 13 December, 2013
3:26 AM

Hey, haven't post anything yet for a quiet long time for this blog. I've been getting another mood to write again and keep creating a moment memorable through online journal. Yes, I am in another country again now. The country of the red double decker bus, big ben, London Bridge, a country of my childhood dream (other than Japan). UNITED KINGDOM.

Getting my ass here is not as easy as people think, gotta send my portfolios, making essay, asking for recommendation letter. I went through a complicated search of transferring to another uni. Finally, God answered my quest. Leeds Metropolitan University, a uni which is top-notch for their vocational courses. Including mine, design :) I believed I could do better right after I finish my bachelor degree. Soon, next year. It's a big step for me, leaving Indonesia for the second time to another very-berry far part of the world. 20 hours flight, contrast timezone, contrast season. But why I don't maximise my trip while doing my final year of degree here? Yes I am trying, I am doing it right now :) Managed to make friends with some cool, wild, sick people. Whether Indonesian or not, we're all the same here. Focusing for our future, on our hands. It's just you and yourself when u got here, no chance to ask anyone for this, for that, blahblah. People are just busy with theirselves. You wouldn't get a chance to beg for help or anything. It's the right time to develop your... individuality. Well, not for me. I don't really like it being individualist, I am a socio person. I love making friends and network. So for me it's like being more independent than before, WAY MORE INDEPENDENT. Taking care of everything, cook and eat your own food (no there's no kopitiam or warung mamak here like in Singapore sadly :( ) but u can always enjoy it!

I went through the 'homesick' phase. Not because Im depending myself with my friends back home (I still love you guys <3 b="" f="">ind Bella Mazaya
on Soundcloud and you will know, it's the feeling of losing music as a big part of my life. I just couldn't stand it staying too far away from my home music studio, music friends, music gigs, music practice, I don't know. I miss these things so much, and my musical instruments back at Jakarta :( Luckily I brought my acoustic guitar along to the UK, yayyy. So no worries, at least there's still a media to express my musical side :)
Here we go, some of my pics taken in Leeds. I'm enjoying Leeds :) It's a big part of my life, finishing my undergrad here. Making a better future. Making friends. Making me smile again. Making me more powerful than before. Yes. Loving Leeds life.




That's all for now, I'm finishing my assignments for the first semester in Leeds Met Uni. One more semester to go and Im gonna live my life more and more. I'm so grateful for everything, breaking the frozen ice into taking huge step of realising my dreams. I'm so blessed. I'm so happy. 
笑顔おください:)

Comments

Popular Posts